CanAct® is a reproductive health service offered by Agiomix FZ-LLC (Incorporated in Dubai, D20-D001, Block D-20, Dubai Science Park Complex, Science Park, 161, DXB, Dubai; Trade License Number 94503), for the purpose of providing Non-invasive pre-natal testing services. We have operations in different parts of the world, and we work with our agents and distributors in order to provide our services. CanAct® and Agiomix FZ-LLC shall be referred to hereunder as “We” or “Us”.
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What type of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies?
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How can you contact us?
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
1. What data do we collect?
We collect the following data:
- Personal information – meaning any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, specifically
- Location data
- Online identifier
As a result of the sample submitted, we process the sample to differentiate the maternal and fetal DNA, and generate a report based on the fetal DNA only. Your sample is stored as per DHA requirements at the Agiomix FZ-LLC offices, and your report is stored on secure regional servers. This file can be erased as per the limited conditions set out in section 6, below; and with submission of the “Right to Erasure Request Form”
2. How do we collect your data?
You directly provide us with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Contact us for any query, we collect and process your information
- When you directly share your information with us – When you or your doctor submits a completed Test Requisition Form (TRF) requesting that we process the submitted sample.
- When we provide you NIPT services – When you approach us for sample analysis, we provide you a detailed report by extracting the fetal DNA from your blood sample and analyze it to produce The clients report. We keep this report for our record and usage upon your consent.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback in any form.
- Use or view of website via your browser’s cookies.
3. How will we use your data?
We store your personal information to provide our services including:
- Processing payments, and
- Managing customer accounts
We use your information to:
- Improve our services and offer you more accurate reports.
- We may also use your information to:
- Fix bugs or issues
- Analyze usage of our website to enhance customer experience
- Our marketing campaigns.
We use your information for research upon your consent. You can volunteer to participate in CanAct® Research. We will add your de-identified report in our customer database for analysis aimed purely at making scientific discoveries and advancements.
If you agree, We will share your data with our partner companies so that they may offer you their products and services. We partner with the following companies:
When We process your order, we may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
4. How do we store your data?
We securely store your date. We implement strong measures and powerful security systems to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of our customer database.
- When you or your doctor submits a TRF form requesting CanAct testing to Us, your personal information is stripped from ‘Sensitive Information’ including genetic and phenotypic data. Your data is used to create a unanimous ID so that the person who provided the data cannot reasonably be identified.
- We follow compliance standard security measures to encrypt sensitive personal data both when it is stored (data-at-rest) and when it is being transmitted (data-in-flight).
- We take additional measures to ensure our users’ identity remains confidential by segmenting the data across logical database systems.
- We have set the boundaries and limited the access of information to authorized personnel, purely based on their role in providing the services you signed up for and/or your usage of the website.
- The concerned person needs to follow several steps in order to get the access such as multi-step authentication, single sign-on, and a strict least-privileged authorization policy.
- We use state-of-the-art security technology to prevent any potential attacks against our networks and database. We ensure our software continuously scans for any kind of vulnerability and that our third-party security experts conduct penetration tests.
After you submit a request to remove your personal data, we store the data no longer than is reasonably or legally necessary given the purposes for which the data was collected.
We would like to send your information about products and services of ours, that we think you may like, as well as those of our partner companies listed below:
6. What are your data protection rights?
Your consent is the primary legal basis of the collection of the data for the purposes outlined above. We also place cookies with your consent, which you can withdraw at any time by deleting the cookies.
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access: You have the rights to request copies of your personal data. We reserve the right to charge you a fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that We correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request We to complete information you believe is incomplete
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that We erase your personal data, under certain conditions, as set out in the “Right to Erasure Request Form”.
- The right to restrict Processing – You have the right to request that We restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that We transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make this request, we have 1-month from the date of receipt of your written request, in which to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as per our contact details as mentioned in Section 13, below.
6.1. How do we protect children’s privacy?
We understand the importance of taking extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children aged 18 years and under. Although our website is designed and intended for use by adults, children can also access it. If you are a child under the age where parental consent is required in your country, you should review the terms of this Privacy Notice with your parent or guardian to make sure you understand and accept them. If we discover that we have collected personal data from a child without consent from a parent or guardian, but such consent should have been obtained, we will delete that personal data with immediate effect.
6.2. How you can control your information sharing and accessibility
At CanAct®, we give the utmost priority to our clients. Hence, we enable you to share and control information in a variety of ways that include the following:
- You have the complete authority to decide whether to store or discard the blood sample after it has been analyzed.
- You have complete authority to decide with whom you share your information including friends, family members, health care professionals or on any form of social networks/social media platforms.
- You have authority to either allow us or decline your consent upon using your information for our scientific research purposes.
6.3. What rights you have over your data
You have the right to ask us about the personal data we process about you, the purpose and nature of the processing, and to provide information on who we share it with.
You have the right to request that we update, correct, or delete your personal data at any time. Please note that we may reject requests that puts the privacy of others at risk, are unreasonable, repetitive, or would require a disproportionate effort.
You have the right to opt-out of receiving our e-mail newsletters at any time by following the relevant unsubscribe process outlined in the applicable e-mail.
You have the right to expect us to protect your personal data and keep it safe. We take appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unauthorised alteration, disclosure, or destruction of the personal data we hold.
6.4. Your personal data may be shared in the following ways:
- Your data shall be collected by our laboratory to help them provide their services.
- Your data may be shared with research collaborators, only upon your explicit consent.
- We will never sell, release, or rent your personal information to any third party without your explicit consent.
- We will never share customer data with any public databases.
- We will never provide your data to any insurance company
- We will never provide information to law enforcement or regulatory authorities unless required by law to comply with a valid court order, subpoena, or search warrant based upon the genetic or personal information
If we are legally compelled to disclose your personal data to a third party, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify you in advance of a disclosure unless we are legally prohibited from doing so.
Some pages may contain embedded videos from YouTube or any other similar services. When opening such a page, information about your visit will be transmitted to the American company Google, which owns YouTube or any other company if other service is used. This can be used to track your visits across different websites. Google or other digital services company can share this information with third parties when legally required or when third parties are processing this information for Google or other digital services company. We have no access to and is not involved in the processing this data. The information transferred to such third parties Google can be stored for an undetermined amount of time on servers in the United States or other countries.
7. What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our website, we may collect information form you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
9. What type of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however our website uses:
- Functionality – We uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. This could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – We uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device and your IP address. We sometimes share some limited aspects of your data to third party for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on browsing patterns on our website.
10. How to manage your cookies?
You can set your browser not to accept cookies. As stated above, as per Section 7; the website referenced tells you how to remove cookies form your browser. In a few cases, come our website features may not function as a result.
11. Privacy policies of other websites
13. How can you contact us?
|Email us at:||[email protected]|
|Call us on:||+971 800-GENOMICS / +971 800-43666427|
|Or, write to us at:||CanAct® c/o Agiomix FZ-LLC|
|D20-D001, Block D-20,
Dubai Science Park Complex
161 – Dubai
United Arab Emirates
14. How to contact the appropriate authorities
Should you wish to report a compliant or you feel that We have not addressed your concerns in a satisfactory manner, you may contact your regional Information Commissioners Office.
For more information regarding cookie policies, please visit: NAI: Network Advertising Initiative
For more information regarding cyber-crimes in the UAE, please visit: UAE Cybercrime online
 First-party cookies are created by the domain. Visiting the domain begins a process that checks that it is the true domain, and if this checks out, a first-party cookie is stored under that domain on the local device browser. If you disable these cookies, then some functionality may become more time-consuming, and some features may be lost. First-party cookies also make logging into websites a lot easier
 Third-party cookie can be used to track users across the internet.